Monday 10 August 2015

Nettle tincture for hives - a success story.



Here's a novel use for nettle tincture, brought to us by a reader. This is good stuff, and I'm glad she's sharing. We've lost so much our traditional knowledge about the uses of these handy plants that we almost have to start from scratch (oops, no pun intended) to figure these things out on our own, and share what we learn.

Here's what Linda has learned, in her own words:



"I can't even remember the first time I had a bout with hives, but it has been YEARS. No one can even determine their cause and, yes, I have been through the lovely pin pricks of how ever many different things they can expose you to just in case you react. Now, I am not talking about a couple hives here and there. I am talking about a huge area that is red and ITCHY! Those little buggers start out small, then they spread, then they join hands and blend into one another. Sometimes the itch is so bad that I think I am going to lose my mind. And, of course, there are gazillions of pills, creams, oils that one can try. But, alas, nothing really helps the freaking itch. But, wait! There is! My dear friend, my plant guru (yes, I just said that, 'C'), sent me several different plant tinctures, one of which was nettles. Hmmmm I thought. I wonder? Well, I poured some of that tincture into the palm of my hand. Then, I rubbed it all over my hives. I first felt a coolness and then quicker than I thought it would take, the itch was gone! Seriously! And, yes, I have to reapply it once in a while. But, oh my word, who woulda thought? So, now you know!"


Now we know, indeed! Thanks Linda.


No comments:

Post a Comment